"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Saturday, July 7, 2012

It's Hot. H.O.T.

How hot is it you ask?  It's so hot we didn't even attempt to go kayaking today.  It's so hot I had a salad for lunch and a salad for dinner.   It's so hot this is what an outdoor seating area at a popular restaurant looked like on a Saturday evening.
This is a degree less than the high we saw on my car's thermometer today, but I didn't think to get out the camera earlier.
I'm sorry, but I really prefer temps in the 70's and 80's.  This is just totally unnecessary.  And then my Aussie and Kiwi friends blog about the cold.   It's just not right.

Some other random shots from today:  I saw this in a Macy's store, and thought it was interesting.  This is all made from folded copy paper.

We spent most of the day in the DC suburbs.  We saw several downed trees and a lot of utility workers on the job.  I know it's awful to be without power for over a week, but those people have been working around the clock and are to be commended. 

We had dinner in Frederick MD, and didn't realize until we were downtown that today is First Saturday.  They have a different theme each month, and today was the Frederick Float down the little creek that flows through town.  After dinner, we walked over and watched for a few minutes.  There were several kayaks/canoes/paddle  boats, etc. all decorated patriotically.  They didn't paddle very far, but it looked like they were having a lot of fun!

One more day of this crazy heat, and then I think it's supposed to cool down a bit.  Fingers crossed!

Stitching in the cool.....Sunny


15 comments:

  1. That would be about 40C...you can have it, as we have 40+ days for long stretches here in summer! I hate the heat too and am enjoying my frosty mornings at present! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Sunny to be in the sun again,we had frosts that heavy this morning that it looked like snow on the ground and it was freezing,love your pics.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hot... I did a conversion like Cardygirl did.... a bit too hot
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we times our departure from the US just right - before the temps went up.
    I am surprised those people who were paddling in the creek didn't jump in and get wet. Looks like a fun event.
    Hope your AC keeps doing what it is supposed to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been so hot here! Yesterday my car said 106 when we were driving home from the pool. Even Ronnie didn't enjoy swimming as much as she normally does--this heat has us beat!

    We are remodeling our bathroom this weekend, so it has been hot up in there as well, but has to be done and this is the time to do it. I definitely have lost some weight from working so hard and sweating so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think those other Aussies live over East where they get a lot of frost. Here in the Mid West we are having COLD nights and lovely sunny winter days but I can relate to you not liking the heat. We get lots of over 40's too in the Summer.
    Stay cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it will be cooling down to normal temps this week (I hope). I'm such a wuss...if it gets over 80 degrees I go limp. I know this is sic but I do better shoveling snow than sweating at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well we here in Idaho are going to be at 100 for the next week, but no humdity so I think it will be a cooler 100....What a fun parade of boats! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us...

    ReplyDelete
  9. COLD COLD COLD waiting for Mr B to get out of bed and light the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sweetie! You poor things, you really need a dip in our pool! Well, the good news is - only two more months or so of this hot weather. LOL! Great pictures - so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am looking forward to some cooler weather and rain too.
    The patio looks like a ghost town. lol I would be inside.
    fun photos, the flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you got the break in the heat you were looking for. We actually have had some much appreciated rain this week and that has really helped us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't envy you that heat , it is around 27 -28 here and to me that is hot .Hope it cools off real soon for you and I love your black eyed susans.hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. That heat sounds terrible - it must be quite sapping and hard to settle to do anything. Isn't that paper skirt amazing?! Love your paddling photos - very colourful!

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.