"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Can you help? Google can’t

I think Google is one of the greatest friends a person can have.  But if I want to do something, and I don’t know what it’s called,  Google can’t always read my mind.  Sometimes, but not this time.

imagesCASAHPFZ

I’m making a pillow.  I bought some cording and I plan to make something like a piping for the finish.  But I want it to be full, and somewhat gathered.  Does this technique have a name?  How much fabric do I need?  Do I double the measurements for the pillow?  Triple them?  Please help.  I bought rather thick cording, because I want it to be substantial, not just a thin piping. 

Please be kind to me!!!!      Sunny

mittens[1]

7 comments:

  1. found one for you and i think it said 1 1/2 times the length,here is the link Sunny.
    http://www.cushionsandmore.com/piped-edge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Shez could help you out as I know I can't;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no clue but thought I would pop in and say hi ..... Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you go my Aussie mate found it for you...
    Have fun making it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sunny--
    have a great week--
    hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea what you mean but I sure want to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad Shez can help you, I was really lost with what you are striving to do. Although that Google is great. We had to replace light bulbs and didn't know for sure what size. Didn't know the type of light fixture either - with just a bunch of random number that we got off the fixture we googled it and found out. You'll have to post a picture when you do your "thingy". Okay?

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.