"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Skyline Drive


IMG_4637
Skyline Drive is a 105 mile highway in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. As the name implies, it runs across the mountain tops and there are some spectacular vistas. This may not be the prettiest time of the year to traverse it, but there was little traffic, and it was an interesting drive.
IMG_4700
IMG_4668
Winter just won’t end around here, and we saw snow in many places, and some great ice formations.




IMG_4691There was some interesting wildlife.  I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen one of these critters alive before!  We saw a second one a few minutes later.
This guy was with three friends, but he stopped to pose for me before they all went bounding up the hill.IMG_4635 




IMG_4653IMG_4701






Today we spent Easter with the traditional cooking, cleaning, and family time!  I do most of the cleaning, and DH does most of the cooking.  We’ll be eating ham all week, but there weren’t any other leftovers.  After our guests left, I spent a couple of hours reorganizing and cleaning my sewing room.  I have to make room for a new toy that is arriving tomorrow!!  I have a very busy week, so I’m not sure how much time I’ll have to play with it……
Have a great week everyone, and Be Kind!
Sunny

11 comments:

  1. I just looks like a beautiful place for a drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful place and such awesome pics.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a gorgeous drive through some nice counrty and I love the critters you meet on the way...
    Oh you will really LOVE yur new toy Sunny.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning drive.
    Enjoy your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We live just at the foothills of the Blue Ridge. In the springtime it is a beautiful place to visit. The wildflowers are just gorgeous and abundant. I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. We drove through the mountains a number of years ago but it was too foggy to see . Thanks for taking us along , lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scenery Sunny...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do I see a bright and shiny quilting machine?
    Quit teasing us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the snow.... how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I go to comment I get distracted and have to leave this page! Such beautiful pictures - and I know all about that skunk critter. He's been at my house a few times. They are so cute, but stinky!!

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.