"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ahhhhh…….

That is the sound of me relaxing in my own chair in my own house, in front of my own television.  We left our hotel this morning, and headed for Ithaca, NY.  We saw a covered bridge,

IMG_1062

visited a Farmer’s Market,

IMG_1065

found out where the kayaks hang out,

IMG_1068

and saw another beautiful waterfall.

IMG_1074

And then a funny thing happened.  We were looking at a map deciding where to go next, and I got the urge to come home.  So we did.  A day early.  We’re exhausted, and I need a day of rest before I go back to work on Monday.  I’ll tackle Mt. Laundry tomorrow.  And maybe reacquaint myself with my sewing machine.  thanks for following along on our journey.  If you ever get a chance to visit the Finger Lakes Region you should definitely go!

Be kind to yourself……Sunny

IMG_1056

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery! Good luck with the laundry! Hope you get some sewing time tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your adventure to finger lakes. We spent many summer vacations up thee when I was a kid.
    Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had the loveliest holiday...thanks for sharing it with us! Rest and relax now if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes good sense. Sometimes it is nice to come home and not have to rush before work starts.
    Hope you brought home some lovely goodies from the farmer's Market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks as though you are almost to the end of a delightful holiday!!1

    I loved seeing your post visiting "Di"!!! Thank you for sharing!!

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a wonderful trip. Enjoyed your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos. As much fun as it is to travel though, coming home always feels so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos.....love love covered bridges

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing like coming home to your own bed - no matter how fabulous the trip away was. It does look like you saw some spectacular sights and were able to enjoy the quiet wonders of your visits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the covered bridge! Welcome back home. There is nothing like your own bed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking us along on your journey Sunny.
    Oh yes there is no place like home.. Enjoy your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The covered bridge caught my eye! Covered bridges are one of my favorite things in the whole world! It is very nice to meet you. You have a lovely blog! Have a nice day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.