"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Christmas Quilt Along

66bfc25f-1b73-44f7-9541-b8095aaf6595_zpse1352480[1]

Yes, Ladies, it's time to start thinking about Christmas.  I've been wanting to join the Christmas Quilt Along the past couple of years, but it was always held on Saturdays.  This year, however, it's on Saturday AND Sunday, so this is my year!  If you click on the link on my sidebar, you can get all the details if you'd like to join, too.  Joanna and Hazel are our hostesses, and Quilt Sue has issued an interesting challenge for us. 

After reading the challenge, I gathered the necessary tools:  my graph paper, colored pencils, and my friend Google.  Then I started gathering fabric. 

IMG_0545

IMG_0544

 

Blogger insists on rotating this picture.  I was auditioning my fabric and layout before I started cutting.

 

 

 

I plan to have a crazy-pieced angel in the center.  I still need to work on that design aspect.  And I have a bunch of hst’s in my future.  I may work on them tomorrow, or maybe not until next month.

IMG_0546

I signed up for a new BOM at my LQS this week, and it’s a Snowman wall hanging.  I decided today that I’ll work on it during the QAL also.  I’m really terrible at doing BOM’s, so I figure  this is the perfect time to work on it, and try to keep up to date. 

il_fullxfull.396338482_nsfd[1]

This is what it should look like when it’s finished!

Hope you’re all having a nice weekend!  I must go now and do some stitching. 

Be kind to yourself and to all those you encounter.

Sunny

bough-bell

14 comments:

  1. Your challenge quilt is going to be wonderful and I love the fabrics you're auditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking part in the SAL as well , did a block yesterday and will post later . Your idea sounds wonderful and I love the snowman BOM .Enjoy your sewing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with that BOM! I can't wait to see your progress on it and what you come up with for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! for you...you are going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabrics you are auditioning. I, too, am considering the snowman quilt as a side project during the QAL. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to seeing your angel, one of my favorite images. Doing the BOM is a good idea, too. I find I get a lot done during the QAL. I'm happy you are able to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun with your challenge quilt Sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you pile of fabrics and you seem to have a plan well on it's way. That is such a cute BOM and super idea to tackle it with the QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad we have someone putting an angel design together for the QAL, Sunny. :-)

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh this looks so much fun but I really need to sit on my hands!! I'll enjoy watching yours grow instead,. Love your new BOM too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice for the quilt a long. That wall hanging looks lovely . Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Quilt Sue, yet have never joined either. I'll have to go see what all is involved. I'm great at doing BOMs. For me it's so stress free cause 1 block is not hard too do. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting challenge! Looks like you're right on track.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love that snowman quilt.
    The QAL looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.