"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Sunday, November 3, 2013

FNWF and Retreat Results

Another weekend bites the dust!  Another beautiful Fall weekend.

IMG_2180

I left work at about noon on Friday, and took a lovely drive in the country to the Retreat site.  Fall has finally reached the low lands, and the colors were awesome.

IMG_2169

Look what I found in this tree:
IMG_2189

Oh wait, that’s the results of my Friday day/night sewing!  My first ever Little Red Schoolhouses.  And what better time of year to build them. 

I finished this top late Friday night, and started thinking about my next project.   I won 7 pieced blocks from Pat at 501 Quilt Blocks several months ago, and they’ve finally become a quilt.IMG_2191

This required not one but two visits to the nearby quilt store, which is actually one half of a General Store in Amish country.

IMG_2168

It’s not a fancy shop, but they have some great prices on fabric.

Meanwhile, back at the retreat, there was much sewing, much eating, much talking, and more than a little laughing.  We have to take a short walk to the dining hall, so we had time to absorb some beautiful scenery.

IMG_2175IMG_2176

I did get started on a third quilt this morning, but I didn’t get very far.  I’m working my way through the pile!  I tried to start on another very small project, but I decided I didn’t even like it any more, so I donated it to the chairperson of the raffle committee.  One more off the list! 

Off to catch up on some blog reading now.  Did I miss anything excited over the weekend?

Always be Kind……..Sunny

IMG_2170

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery and a retreat, how fun! You have some pretty quilts there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a gorgeous place to have a retreat! Always loved the fall colours when I loved in Canada... & it's still as I remember it... BEaUTiFuL !
    Great little house quilt too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trees are just gorgeous and I love your little schoolhouse quilt growing on a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I love your little red schoolhouses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I missed something by not being over there with you driving to retreat . The scenery is more than awesome,,, lucky you.
    Sounds like the perfect retreat..
    Love the school houses and your block finishes..
    Thata
    S a good idea to gift an unwanted UFO..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful scenery Sunny , our leaves have al out gone . Love your school houses and the other blocks you won look great too! It sounds like you had a great retreat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures just sing autumn. That first tree is the type I love to see at this time of year. I love what you made with the blocks that you won. Sounds like you got much accomplished and had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such gorgeous pics Sunny.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great schoolhouse quilt and you know I love those pictures - hope you are having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love little red schoolhouse, sounds like you are having lots of fun the pics are great thanks for sharing !!!'

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice to enjoy your pictures. Love your Autumn colours, and the houses in the tree are fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That fall foliage is gorgeous. The colours are stunning.
    Love you red school house quilt. Always a favourite.
    And your other blocks look great in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am surprised that you got as much done as you did--with all the friends, food, fall foliage,and laughter!!!
    love both of the quilts you worked on-someday I am going to make me a school house quilt--someday????
    love, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sewing & scenery Sunny... amazing colours of the Fall trees indeed, I never tire of seeing that!! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful fall photos! The buggy reminds me of right here. I drove by Food Lion last night and there was a horse & buggy tied up next door in the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the mountains photo are gorgeous and so it the quilt you found in the tree. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful spot for a retreat. I would be too busy looking at the scenery and not sewing. Your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos. Lovely school house...congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The scenery is stunning (makes me homesick for the UK). I'm sure you're refreshed and rested from your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your little house quilt! And those fall colors on the trees are just beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the blog and I hope people will have a new blog, thanks for the blog
    Thai Boxingt

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.