"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it." Gwen Marston

Saturday, July 4, 2015

A Red FNWF

IMG_3659 - Copy

There was a good chance of rain all day on Friday, and it wasn’t terribly hot, so DH and I grabbed our cameras and took a little tour around the county.  I was hoping to find some old buildings, and perhaps some interesting flowers.  We found both. 

IMG_3578

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Red winged blackbird – we never see these in our town.

IMG_3596   

IMG_3604IMG_3619

IMG_3644

IMG_3658

IMG_3680

Black-eyed Susans are our state flower.

IMG_3692

Oreo cows.  Seriously . Google Oreo cows.

We had a lovely lunch while we were out, so there was no need for a big dinner when we got home.  That left plenty of time for stitching along with the ladies of FNWF.  I’m working with red scraps this month for RSC, so I put the finishing touches on my doll quilt, and made my monthly Dresden.  Visit either link to see what others have been up to.

IMG_4022

Today, in celebration of the 4th of July, I’m quilting my Christmas quilt.  It’s made from blocks from a Christmas Bee.  In 2011.  I think it’s high time it got finished, don’t you?  It’s my UFO for the Guild Challenge this month, and I WILL have it finished!

I hope everyone in the US is enjoying a long weekend, and celebrating with fireworks tonight.

Stay safe . . .   Sunny

IMG_3632IMG_3642

IMG_3638

IMG_3647IMG_3707

25 comments:

  1. Hello Sunny, those photos are all beautiful. I love looking at old building and barns. I especially love the flag photo. Happy 4th of July. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like just the right time to finish up your UFO. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pictures and the dresden plate are beautiful. I'm in Severna Park, where are you?? LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving both of your red projects, just gorgeous :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judging by your pictures, I'd say you had quite a nice little outing. I love both of your red RSC projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great day out Sunny, gorgeous pics as always... I wonder what flavour milk those Oreo cows produce??!!
    Beautiful sewing there x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photos, Sunny. Love checking out your local area.
    Gorgeous reds and lovely blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking me on your outing okay. Lots of great photos...

    Lovely red projects...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute doll quilt - I love that you included ric-rac!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are just gorgeous. I love the reds of the month too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely photos, wish I had that talent. In the family I am known as the last person you ask to take a photo! Cute red blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures and lovely reds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful photographs Sunny! Hope you had a lovely 4th July and I love your red projects! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love red and have always loved red for some reason with Pink being up there too!! Wished I been along for that photo shot--
    love everyone of those photos--great job!!
    thanks for sharing-
    smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought I recognised those cows! - we know them as belted galloways. Great photographs - thank you so much for sharing and I love your two red pieces, especially the Dresden Flower. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Was fĂĽr zauberhafte Fotos !
    Und die roten Stoffe sind ja ein Gedicht !
    Liebe GrĂĽĂźe
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photographs Sunny... I love old buildings the more battered the better. Your doll quilt and dresden are gorgeous... you have some great 'scraps' there. Did you know those 'Oreo' cows originate from here in Galloway... where I live. The breed is Belted Galloways or Belties as we call them. Lovely to look at but quite fiesty..... watch out! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  18. love all the pics your took on you drive around.........I have a couple of those belted galloways.........cute aren't they............

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos. I love your red Dresden blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pictures! Love your red Dresden and sweet doll quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow great pictures - love that bridge!! Your red quilting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many WONDERFUL photos . . . thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have such an "eye" to take such wonderful photos. Love those cows!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow - Isn't that red winged blackbird just beautiful? I'm really digging the red doll quilt too - although at first I though it was a placemat. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the tour of your county. Some lovely old buildings, and the photo of the red winged blackbird is terrific. I have never seen one of those.

    ReplyDelete

You comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by.